: Heating water with the sun is a practice almost as old as humankind itself. This Solar Water Heating Specialist course is a guide to this clean and cost-effective technology.
Beginning with a review of the history of solar water and space heating systems from prehistory to the present, this course presents an introduction to modern solar energy systems, energy conservation, and energy economics.
This course covers:
• Types of solar collectors, solar water, and space heating systems and solar pool heating systems, including their advantages and disadvantages
• System components, their installation, operation, and maintenance
• System sizing and siting
• Choosing the appropriate system
This course also focuses on the financial aspects of solar water or space heating systems, clearly showing that such systems generate significant savings in the long run.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define the core elements of solar water heating
• Identify various solar heating systems
• Identify the steps involved in choosing the right system
• Identify the steps to install and operate a solar heating system
• Identify the steps to maintain a solar heating systemInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Solar Water Heating Specialist course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as in the solar industry and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Solar Water Heating Specialist (CSWHS).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Solar Water Heating by Bob Ramlow & Benjamin Nusz